Monday, January 4, 2010

Do you wipe your arse..?

A friend of mine recently told me she likes my posts where I am speaking from the heart more than the opiniated ones. Aren't opinions also coming from the heart I wondered? Anyway, listen to this one and then tell me if it came from the heart or if it is only my opinion.

I was driving home from the beach when this guy in a Volkwagen Golf (CA 86414) opened his window and catapulted a half eaten apple onto the pavement. Now when I see people doing that I feel my blood pressure rise in an instant. I cannot understand when or why some people missed the first lesson in keeping your country clean. I think that lesson came just after the "keeping your arse clean" lesson. What is wrong with a person that he/she will open a window and toss everything out that they do not want inside their car? Is a car the only place that they believe should be kept clean? Because if that is the case, why can't they extend that believe a little further to their surroundings as well? Do they brush their teeth, do they shower or bath, do they wipe their arses when they are done? Then why the hell can't they wait until the next waste bin before they clean their cars out?

Ok, I know an apple is probably biodegradable in a sense, but if it was only half eaten apples then maybe I would calm down a bit, but anything from plastic bags, aluminium cans, everything that should go to a waste bin. Where do these things end up? Who has to clean it up? No wonder the national flower in South Africa is called the Plastic Bag. Dammit man, this country belongs to us all! If you can keep your arse clean, try and keep your country clean as well.

1 comment:

  1. Hers is a thought, lets try and stop using so much that requires plastic bags, cans, etc etc, and then we would not need to throw them away in the first place.
    Apples, just eat them when you are hungry, then no need to throw them away, but I feel its better to throw them to the grass than into a bin as your'e giving your insects who care for your flowers a chance to show SA in all its beauty.

    ReplyDelete