Sunday, November 21, 2010

When everything goes wrong....

I was watching how the Springboks got a beating by the Scots yesterday and decided to go take a walk in the garden to see if could find something to distract my mind from what I would think is nothing but a humiliation. I am a Bok supporter, but when they play like they did yesterday then I don't want them to lose by 3 or 5 points, I want them to be thrashed completely. Maybe then they will wake up. But then again, so what if they lose, life is not about winning and losing for me. Besides, in a week's time yesterday's beating would've been forgotten in any case. And at the rate they are playing one game after the other, I can image that at some point they will have to lose as well. But well done to Scotland's team, they showed character yesterday after their previous game against New Zealand. I can image how they must've felt after the game. very pleased with themselves. And they obviously deserved it. Let's see if the Boks can feel the same next weekend.

Anyway, to make matters worse, when I walked in the garden I saw the bright orange sky and decided that I would feel much better if I could drive down to the beach quickly and maybe get a good picture of the sunset. At least this would give me something to feel good about about, seeing that the Boks didn't allow me that pleasure. By the time I got my camera and got to the beach, needless to say the bright orange had also disappeared, leaving me with a bleak orange that was comparable to the Boks' bleak performance. I took some pictures nevertheless, but when I looked at them on my laptop I decided that a black and white version would do it more justice. So let's just keep it gloomy, seeing that nothing else was going my way yesterday...

No comments:

Post a Comment