Monday, January 24, 2011

The Creme Soda Float

Sometimes I get a craving, and it is usually for the same thing. A Creme Soda Float. I have been to many countries, but I don't think I have ever seen a Creme Soda like the ones we have in South Africa, let alone with that familiar taste. It is the best thirst quencher I know, and when it is hot there is nothing like an ice cold Creme Soda with vanilla ice cream to bring the body temperature down to accpetable levels. Last week I got off from the dinner table and before my guests could finish my wife's "adult chocolate cake" that was for desert, I was back with an ice cold Creme Soda. All I had to do was to add some vanilla ice cream and my craving was satisfied.....until the next one of course.

When you add ouzo or vodka to a Creme Soda, even cane, then it is known as a "Green Mamba". Too many of those and the next morning you will know that you've overstepped the line a little. The nice thing about Creme Soda is that many South Africans swore by it for being the best cure for hangovers. So make sure you get at least a 2-litre bottle, you can just win.

http://www.sapromo.com/sa/food-and-drink/sa-drink-brands/creme-soda-cream-soda-world-wide

No comments:

Post a Comment