Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A manual might help

There are a couple of things I hate when I stay over in hotels. Apparently I am not the only one who has some of these "pet hates". A comedian on the television the other day was explaining how mad he gets when he travels for thousands of miles with his suitcase, carrying it around over pavements, getting it on the plane and off the plane, picking it up and putting it down, basically like dragging a ton of bricks around behind him for hours or days...and then when he gets to the hotel some jerk wants to carry it for him over the last 10 meters to his room and then expects to be tipped for it. Well, I definitely share his sentiments on that one as well.

Something else I hate is figuring out how the television works, or the safe in the cupboard, or which light switch to use to kill one of the 12 lights in the room. Oh and don't forget the fancy faucets. The higher the rating of the hotel, the fancier the taps and toilets get and the more difficult it gets to find a suitable temperature for your shower. Sometimes you let it run for ten minutes only to find out that it is actually the cold side you were trying. Well, I am in a fancy hotel in Entebbe that decided to post a "manual" on the wall for ignorants like me. I guess the hotel staff got fed up with guests complaining about their complicated bathroom utilities, so here is the manual in case you are ever confronted with one of these babies.....


Now if someone can just tell me how to connect to the Internet so that I can publish this post....

Follow up:
So the next morning after publishing this I get a call from hotel reception telling me the shuttle to the airport is waiting. I jump up, run for the shower and realize that this "manual" is as confusing as I am at 3:30 in the morning. I tried everything but in order not to catch a plane with 1st degree burns all over me, I eventually finish my shower under cold water. I had no time to figure out how it works and the manual did not help much either. At least i was awake after that....

No comments:

Post a Comment