Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Cross out useless words

They say that firsts impressions last. I guess when you plan a trip to a country the "first impressions" you receive from that country is probably the visa application form that you have to complete prior to your departure. I absolutely hate filling in forms. What freaks me out the most is when there is not enough space to fill in what they asked you or when the questions are difficult to understand and you don't really know what they want. Also sometimes you have to choose between four or five options, but none of them really pertains to your situation or they wanted it in black ink and you only have a blue pen with you. The list goes on....

I am planning a trip to Congo Brazzaville. It is not my first trip, so I have seen this visa application form many times before. You can skip this whole form by getting a visa-on-arrival, but they take your passport and only return it a day or two later. To me this is not an option, so I struggle through the form to make sure I don't have to part with my passport at any time. 

I don't think that the visa form for Congo has changed over the last ten years....

I can understand when English is not the first language spoken in a country, but I am sure that you will find professional translators wanting to earn a buck or two and provide you with a more professional looking questionnaire...
"De Father et de Mother..."???

Stating the obvious....
Total confusion....all "useless words"

Then you get the questions where your normal reaction is something like..."are you friggen for real...?"





I guess each country has its reasons for asking certain questions and the way they get this information from you, but sometimes you just have to bite on your teeth and get it over and done with. Like I'm doing now...!


No comments:

Post a Comment