Friday, November 20, 2009

Cape Town Beauty

Today is one of those days. Cape Town at is most beautiful. I don't think the owner of the webcam where I got this picture from would complain about me using it. I use it a lot to see what the waves are doing for surfing, but most importantly for kite surfing. Cape Town is familiar for its windy conditions during summer, and when we get a day like this you have to appreciate it. Predicted temperature for today is 29 deg C. Very light westerly winds. This usually results in fog patches along the coast, but if you can hit the beach before the fog comes in you will have a superb day at the beach.

If you are keen to watch the weather for the day via a nicely positioned web cam that faces Table Mountain, then follow this link. I am still trying to figure out how I could get this web cam update permanently on my desktop. I have managed to get the web site there, but I only want the picture that updates every 120 seconds. I wonder if I would be concentrating on my work or justy hoping to spot the first kite in the water...a good sign that I should pack up and go to explore the possibilities.

1 comment: