Thursday, March 31, 2011

Breakfast Review - The Post House

If you ever find yourself in Greyton and you are looking for a place to have breakfast, I am sure there are more than one restaurant that would give you a proper breakfast. I've only had the privilege of trying out one of the many and this happened last Saturday with my bike ride around the Riviersonderend Mountains. As we drove through the town's main street, we ckecked out all our possibilities. My friend suggested The Post House as "there were locals sitting and you can always trust a place where the locals eat". I don't know how he figured out that they were locals, but at least the breakfast was not disappointing at all and I am pretty sure that locals would frequent the place. But with so many restaurants in one street, I am sure there are other places where more locals hang out as well.

So, the Post House "stoep" really looked cosy, but inside and at the back there are also plenty of tables to pick and choose from. I learned later that The Post House is also a guest house, and if you ever want to stay over it's quite a quaint little town and definitely worth visiting. So is the Post House worth visiting for its breakfast. Because I am on some sort of "healthier eating" diet I decided not to go for the biggest breakfast they have on the menu, so I settled for the "Little Postmaster's Breakfast" at R45. The larger version is R60 with a few extras like an extra egg, a beef sausage and both mushrooms and chips, not the choice between the two like on the smaller version. I asked if I could take the "Little" but with an extra egg. This was given to me by a very friendly staff member at no extra cost. The bread was freshly baked and really filled a few gaps in the stomach. They also have a very nice health breakfast for R45 which looked also very appealing, but I still prefered my bacon and egg choice.
 So, will I ever go back to this restaurant? For sure. With so many other choices in town however I would probably try more of them out first. I have to say, the friendly staff really made an impression on me, the location and atmosphere as well...even more than the actual meal. Definitely worth a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment