Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Dunnydeer

I'm having such an awesome time in Scotland, just enjoying the scenery and tranquility of the surroundings. Today we decided to head for Dunnydeer, the remnants of a 13th century castle on the top of a hill just outside the village of Insch. The weather is perfect and taking the bicycles was the obvious choice. We rode through some green pastures, over streams, along some interesting footpaths and eventually reached the pathway that goes up to Dunnydeer.  We left the bikes at the bottom of the hill without locking them. As a South African I was a bit concerned, but when we got back they were exactly where we left them. I think we were just lucky today, nobody needed a bike to go to work.....

I was taking pictures with my friend's SLR camera. After the disastrous photo's of the past few weeks with my little Sony Cybershot I am thinking of getting a new camera. I feel a bit stupid with this camera, it has more buttons than an Airbus 380's dashboard and sometimes I even forget to switch it on. But I don't think I did too bad for my first ever pictures with a SLR. And to think, most of these pictures were taken after 9pm....

No comments:

Post a Comment