Saturday, July 10, 2010

When it's raining it's raining......

I don't know why my moods are so easily effected by the weather. The past week was relatively a good week where weather was concerned, but I was at the office and didn't have time to do anything exciting. So last night the cold front hit Cape Town and at the same time some sort of depression arrived along with it. Or maybe it is just frustration. I have been waiting the whole week to take the bike out there somewhere and soak up some sun along the way, but Mother Nature obviously had other plans. Not that we should complain about the rain, the whole country needs rain and that includes the Western Cape.

To make matters worse, the Springboks displayed one of their most disappointing performances against the All blacks this morning, so basically there is noting to rave about right now. Before I started to chew through my wrists, I decided to go and take some pictures in the garden. Taking pictures of flowers is really not why I bought this camera for, but if the weather is miserable and my mood is miserable all I can do is to practise my camera skills at least. So today I thought I would concentrate on close-ups. I didn't have much luck, because taking shots with one hand while holding an umbrella in the other hand is probably not the easiest way to go about , but here are 3 out of the 300 that I don't feel too ashamed to post. But like my mom always say....."The sun will shine again....." Let's pray it is sooner than later.



No comments:

Post a Comment