Saturday, February 5, 2011

Welcome home, Self!

I knew when I arrived in Cape Town last night that I had to get a descent braai in this weekend to reward myself for surviving two weeks in Luanda. I had a braai there last week, but believe me "medium-rare" was not a term that the braaier was particularly familiar with. There you take what you get and you only say grace when you have actually managed to chew and swallow it. But, this afternoon I decided to pull out that soft and tender rump steak with marinade and make myself feel welcome with a "medium-rare" on the fire. I added the traditional "braaibroodjies" (on white bread of course) and my wife added some mushroom sauce to round it off. What a great way to welcome myself back into the most awesome country I have lived in so far.....

No comments:

Post a Comment