Friday, December 3, 2010

Meastro's on the Beach

If you are looking for a nice relaxed restaurant with a beautiful view over Table Mountain, from a little closer than what you get from Blouberstrand, then let me suggest Maestro's on the Beach. It is situated on Woodbridge Island halfway between Bloubergstrand and the city centre, right on the beach. The owners didn't spend much on the interior design of the restuarant and the entrance has a little foyer which is covered with mirrors that gives it a cheap Hillbrow brothel look, but once you are in the actual restaurant the spectacular view of Table Mountain makes up for it. And the food is good. I had a medium rare sirloin steak and it was done as per my request. I've heard that they have a breakfast buffet for R60 per person, but seeing that it doesn't fall under my "budget" criteria I will leave this breakfast review for another time. The place was rather busy and I am sure that bookings might be essential, especially with the summer holidays starting soon. Go give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment